horoughly updated to reflect today’s recent advances in adult and pediatric endocrinology, DeGroot’s Endocrinology, 8th Edition, remains the comprehensive, international reference of choice for today’s endocrinologists and fellows. A full peer review of the previous edition, conducted by a largely new group of renowned editors, was used to update this trusted, two-volume resource. In-depth coverage of both basic and clinical aspects of endocrinology and up-to-date information on the treatment and management of endocrine disorders are provided by a diverse group of expert contributors from six continents. A full-color format and helpful algorithms summarize clinical decision-making and practical approaches to patient management.
- Organizes content by all the glands that regulate the endocrine system while integrating basic science and clinical presentations of disease.
- Includes new chapters: Anatomy and Physiology of the Hypothalmus and Pituitary, Differentiated Thyroid Cancer, Medullary Thyroid Cancer, Drugs that Affect Thyroid Function, Genetic Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex, Adrenal Pathology, Primary Aldosteronism, Transgender Healthcare, Erectile Dysfunction, Prevalence and Causes of Male Infertility, Sexual Dysfunction in the Female, Glucose Toxicity and Oxidative Stress.
- Emphasizes basic science and evidence-based practice throughout.
- Features extensive updates to content on thyroid and adrenal disfunction, endocrine-disrupting chemicals and human disease, clinical management of diabetes, and advances in genetics.
- Includes algorithms to outline effective treatment protocols.
- Contains new emphasis boxes that highlight key points in each chapter.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Edited by R. Paul Robertson